Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Peer Capstone Support Group

1)  I feel my capstone would fit into a Web Game Development Capstone.  Games can fit into any kind of Animation, Interactive media and fits pretty well into any New media discipline.  I feel that anyone who is working with Flash or Animation would be a nice fit for me, because I can help them as much as they could help me.  A sound person I also want to make my capstone multiplayer and be able to be ran from a server so anyone can jump into a game with each other and anyone with a solid Computer Science background in web server programming would be assist me.

2) I plan to use Flash and Maya (I had few elements which I feel would be interesting in 3-d, in a 2-d game) such as characters and weapons.  I also wanted a 'bonus' feature where players could look at weapons and items and characters in 3-d still after completing parts of my game.  I'm still not sure what I wnat to use to create the audio.  I feel that this area is my biggest weakness due to lack of experience.  but I know Jessica Faux could def help me ;)
I would also display my game on a webpage (which as of now seems to be the best vehicle to deliver my project.  I am pretty proficient with the language, and I could connect my game to a web server and add additional features with php/mySQL such as a high score board and real saving.

3) I thought that these students may be fun and useful to group with;  Meredith Cudle, Rebekah Crowmer, Stephanie Hii, Prentiss Bryant.  But I don't really know who they are :)  Thier blogs were interesting to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting :)
plz check out:
http://cs.iupui.edu/~whjohnso/awesomesauce/index.html

and support a student