Monday, September 3, 2012

Looking at the Big Picture Outside Myself

9-9-12

DONE!  Only took 4 hours with everyone's capchas... but it was interesting to see how many people that are still struggling for ideas, or a focus idea..  (It's okay I understand that pain, it took me forever to figure  out what I wanted.)  I think I got everyone, but if I missed you, Billy Johnson  Let me know!

I thought the group discussion was interesting, unfortunately I go their late.  But I was still able to see what was going on and I got the gist of seeing students pitching their ideas to each other.  Alot of students had the tools and knew what they wnated to use (I bet that's changed since last week) but didn't really have an idea.  i.e.  I want to make a 2-d game with Flash ....  i want to make a level in UDK or Maya ....  and (this might sound bad) but it was kind of comforting to see so many people struggling for a project that defined them.  A lot of people have a tool like Flash or maya  that they are comfortable with and they obviously wnated to stick with that, but they still didn't have a core idea.  Other students had long elaborate pitches... not exactly a clear idea.  More like a vague idea (Kind of like me at first) and there's no way to pitch that to someone in a few minutes.  (And that's probably still too long) The 'elevator pitch' I felt was a cruel, but effective way to see if we really had a focused idea or were still graping for straws.  I think it caught us all off gaurd, but it was a nice slap in the face for us.  It got us thinking, at least me.  I honestly doubt I could have given a focused idea to someone about my project before that class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting :)
plz check out:
http://cs.iupui.edu/~whjohnso/awesomesauce/index.html

and support a student